We asked staff to tell us which fictional character would most likely have broken their hearts. Our biggest heartbreak was that we didn’t get it up in time for Valentine’s Day!
1. Han Solo – Star Wars by George Lucas
OK, not so literary since it was a movie novelization, but Harrison Ford
or not, this guy was a charmer.
2. George Hanson – The Object of My Affection by Stephen McCauley
3. Valmont – Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos
4. Jesse Tuck – Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit
5. Father Ralph – The Thornbirds by Colleen McCullough
Joby from Book of Joby by Mark Ferrari, Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
Horatio Hornblower because, as Looking Glass so eloquently stated, his life, his love and his lady was the sea.
First one who comes to mind: The Scarlet Pimpernel
King Arthur and of course Uncle Sam has!
Count Vronsky in Anna Karenina and Sgt. Frank Troy in Far From the Madding Crowd
Cujo or Old Yeller ( I hate when bad things happen to good dogs!)
Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights
Aramis from The Three Musketeers