With Valetine’s Day fast approaching, we asked our staff which literary couple was their favorite.
The staff’s favorite couple, by majority, was Lady Julia Gray and Nicholas Brisbane from Deanna Raybourn’s excellent mystery series. This couple knows how to match wits with the very best of them! (Series: Silent in the Grave, Silent in the Sanctuary, Silent on the Moor.)
And, of course, no list of favorite literary couples would be complete without Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. They received several nominations, as well.
- Eve Dallas & Roarke (from J.D. Robb’s In Death series)
- Rain & Ellie (from C.L. Wilson’s Tairen Rain series)
- Lucy Muir & Captain Gregg (from R.A. Dick’s The Ghost and Mrs Muir)
- Francesca Johnson & Robert Kincaid (from Robert James Waller’s The Bridges of Madison County)
- Winnie Foster & Jesse Tuck (from Natalie Babbitt’s Tuck Everlasting)
- Percy & Marguerite (from Baroness Orczy’s The Scarlet Pimpernel)
- Elena & Raphael (from Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series)
- Cat & Bones (from Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series)
- Yelena & Valek (from Maria V. Snyder’s Poison Study)
- Katsa & Po (from Kristin Cashore’s Graceling)
- Fire & Brigan (from Kristin Cashore’s Fire)
- Margaret Hale & John Thornton (from Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South)
- Paula & Stoyan (from Juliet Marillier’s Cybele’s Secret)
- Elizabeth Middleton & Nathaniel Bonner (from Sara Donati’s Into the Wilderness)
- Seregil & Alec (from Lynn Flewelling’s Nightrunner series)
And one staff memeber wants to give a shout out to a favorite bromance: Holmes & Watson!
So there you have it – a few of our favorites. How about you? Leave your vote in the comments.