- According to the New York Times: “It appears that Oprah Winfrey and Jonathan Franzen have kissed and made up.
Nearly a decade after their public literary feud, Ms. Winfrey has selected ‘Freedom,’ Mr. Franzen’s best-selling novel, as her next book-club pick, according to booksellers who have seen early copies of the books. The selection is expected to be announced on Friday’s ‘Oprah’ broadcast.” [Read the full article]
- From Publisher’s Weekly: “This November, Knopf Books for Young Readers will publish Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters, a picture book by President Barack Obama, and illustrated by Loren Long.” [Read More]
- From Reuters: “Children’s author Cornelia Funke spent nearly 20 years writing alone so was apprehensive when a friend from the movie business suggested working together on a new series in a fairy tale world with a modern, dark twist.” [Read the Q&A]
- USA Today‘s PopCandy section is recommending comic books that you’ll want to read. Right now. [Get the Recs]
- From The Guardian: “Why would Geoff Dyer pay over a thousand pounds for a yellowing letter written by DH Lawrence? Because it makes him feel intimate with one of the most remarkable men of the 20th century” [Read More]